While you are visiting Castletownbere and its surrounding towns and villages why not enjoy some of its many festivals and join in the fun. Some festivals taking place in West Cork include, you will never be short of something to keep the family entertained as the area is wonderful for seeing by bicycle or just enjoy one of the many walking routes:
- Castletownbere Festival of the Sea in August
- Allihies Festival in August/September
- Eyeries Family Festival in July
- West Cork Chamber Music Festival in June/July
- Music Festival Glengarriff on St Patricks Weekend.